What is Elastathane 25?
Elastathane 25 is a smart liquid membrane that provides waterproofing and protection for a range of flat surfaces. It's manufactured by Cromar Building Products, the company that brought you the very popular PRO GRP fibreglass roofing.
Cromar has created a precise balance of membrane and accelerator that provides a fast curing, bubble-free thick layer membrane. The accelerator is incorporated in a "block fashion", which means when the liquid comes into contact with humidity, the accelerrator is released and self-accelerates the curing process.
This unique formulation cures the product rapidly to form a 100% defect free roofing membrane with excellent mechanical and elastic properties.
Buy Elastathane 25
Why Should you use Elastathane 25 on Your Roofing Projects?
There are loads of reasons:
- Simple, one-coat application
- Attractive, completely seamless finish
- Superb adhesion to almost any type of surface
- Excellent water and frost resistance
- Outstanding thermal resistance
- First class weather and UV resistance
- Solar reflective
- Stable between -40°C and 80°C
If that's not enough, the product is budget friendly and comes with a 25 year guarantee.
Where can I use Elastathane 25?
To name a few:
- Bitumen Felts
- EPDM & asphalt membranes
- Acrylic coatings
- Balconies & verandas
- Bridge decks
You can use Elastathane 25 on concrete, fibrous cement, mosaics, cement roof tiles, gypsum and cememnt boards, old (well-adhered) acrylic and asphalt coasts and wood.
Is There Anywhere Elastathane 25 Can't be Used?
Yes. It's not recommended for use on unsound substrates or swimming pool surfaces that are in contact with chemically treated water.
How Much Coverage Will I get?
About 1m2 per 1.5 kg per coat, depending on substrate. Elastathane 25 comes in 25kg drums so you'll get about 17m2 area covered.
How do I Apply Elastathane 25?
1. Clean the surface using a high-pressure washer (if possible)
2. Remove oil, grease or wax contaminants, cement laitance, loose particles, mould release agents, and cured membranes
3. Apply the primer following these guidelines
4. Use a low-speed 300 RPM mixer
5. Add SOLVENT-01 5-10% for application by spraying
6. Apply the material with roller, brushor airless spraying in one or two coats
Don't exceed 48 hours between coats. If after 48 hours to need to re-coat, please contact the Cromar technical department for advice on 01977 663 133.
Does Elastathane 25 Comply With Industry Guidelines?
Good question! And yes, it complies with the relevant European guidelines. However, at the time of publication, the product is waiting ETAG assessment certification.
Shop Elastathane 25 now