Cromar Black Bitumen Paint - 2.5L
A solvent based, general purpose, bituminous black paint for waterproofing and weather protecting of steelwork, asphalt, wood and concrete.
When dry it forms an odourless and taint-free bitumen film.
Cromar’s Black Bituminous Paint forms a waterproof, weatherproof, corrosion resistant protective coating.
It is resistant to low concentrations of alkalis and acids and can withstand prolonged oxidation.
- It is suitable for application to a wide variety of surfaces including steel, iron, lead, zinc, aluminium, concrete, stone and brick
- It is most commonly used for metal protection for any type of exterior metalwork – fire escapes, ladders, gutters etc
- A protective coating for concrete structures, stone, brick, concrete screeds and sand/cement surfaces
- All surfaces must be free from oil, dirt, dust and loose debris
- On metal surfaces all loose rust should be removed using a wire brush and where advanced signs of corrosion are evident the area must be treated with a rust inhibitor
- A minimum of two coats of black bituminous paint should be applied, the first coat being allowed to dry before the second is applied
- On porous surfaces where the surface being treated is porous, an initial coat of bitumen primer should be should be applied
|Coverage||For metal and smooth surfaces 10m²/litre per coat should be obtained (on porous surfaces coverage will be considerably less)|
|Product Type||Bitumen paint|
|Shelf life||Indefinite in undamaged, tightly sealed containers|
|Storage||Store away from children, preferably under cover away from sources of heat and ignition. Do not allow water to contaminate the product|
Delivery, Cancellation & Returns
Delivery charges are included in the final shopping basket total and will depend on the basket's contents. Additional shipping charges may apply to orders from the Scottish Highlands and UK islands.
These extras delivery charges are based on certain costs from the manufacturer, distributor or our own couriers. Not all products will be applicable.
If additional shipping fees apply, a member of our team will contact you before processing your order to let you know.
We will do our very best to make sure your delivery arrives by the date required, however manufacturer availability and delivery schedules cannot always guarantee this.
Should your estimated delivery date differ from that displayed on our website, one of our team will inform you by email or telephone
If we cannot make a delivery due to access not being possible, we reserve the right to make a failed delivery charge.