Cromar Black Bitumen Paint - 5L
A solvent based, general purpose, bituminous black paint for waterproofing and weather protecting of steelwork, asphalt, wood and concrete. When dry it forms an odourless and taint-free bitumen film.
Cromar’s Black Bituminous Paint forms a waterproof, weatherproof, corrosion resistant protective coating. It isresistant to low concentrations of alkalis and acids and can withstand prolonged oxidation.
- It is suitable for application to a wide variety of surfaces including steel, iron, lead, zinc, aluminium, concrete,stone and brick.
- It is most commonly used for metal protection for any type of exterior metalwork – fire escapes, ladders, gutters etc.
- A protective coating for concrete structures, stone, brick, concrete screeds and sand/cement surfaces.
- All surfaces must be free from oil, dirt, dust and loose debris.
- On metal surfaces all loose rust should be removed using a wire brush and where advanced signs of corrosion are evident the area must be treated with a rust inhibitor.
- A minimum of two coats of black bituminous paint should be applied, the first coat being allowed to dry before the second is applied.
- On porous surfaces where the surface being treated is porous, an initial coat of bitumen primer should be should be applied.
|Coverage||For metal and smooth surfaces 10m²/litre per coat should be obtained (on porous surfaces coverage will be considerably less)|
|Product Type||Bitumen paint|
|Shelf life||Indefinite in undamaged, tightly sealed containers|
|Storage||Store away from children, preferably under cover away from sources of heat and ignition. Do not allow water to contaminate the product|